Friday, October 11, 2013

catching up again- the story of my life

Last week,  I received a phone call at 3:30 pm letting me know that I had to go to North Carolina the next morning.  The bright spot- I was finally able to meet my friend J.  J and I were in ton for different things, but at the same hotel.  We got to hang out in the morning and evenings before heading off to work or back to our rooms to complete work.  it was lots of fun meeting J face to face after 4 years of talking on the phone.
 
One night, I  also got  to meet up with R for dinner.  Just after we ordered dinner, J and her work team showed up at the same restaurant.  It was so nice to have dinner with great friends.  The Mexican food at "The Mez" was delicious!

 
I got back home on Thursday and on Friday, Bug's school had its annual walkathon.  The kids walk around the school for 6 hours raising money for the school and community.
 
Bug and his buddy T around mile 6.  Next time around, was not so happy, Bug had a bloody nose and I walked him to the nurses office.  His buddies T and P came too.  Bug ended up being in the nurses office for almost 45 minutes.  Nothing serious, just the blood would not stop.  The nurse figured the nose bleed was brought on by the heat. 



This is bug's principal.  She walks and talks with the kids.  There were kids who walked close to 17 miles in 6 hours, reminds me of the breast cancer walk I did back in 2002.



Saturday morning, Bug had show and sell for cub scout popcorn.  4 hours of standing outside the grocery store and asking " would you like to buy some popcorn or make a donation?".  Funny story, later that night I was trying to get bug to go to bed after he fell asleep on the couch and he asked me  if I wanted to buy popcorn 2 times.  too funny.
 
Sunday, we celebrated Uncle Darrell's birthday. one more year to the big 5-0!

 
Monday, the  kids were huddled at the bus stop. It got cold and they were not happy to be standing out in the cold.  Little do they realize, winter is coming.

 
 
Well that is what we have been up to for the last few weeks.  More adventures coming over the next few weeks, including Halloween.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment