Sunday, March 09, 2014

last day in Barcelona and Piano recitial

After my last meeting on Friday ended, I had 2 hours to see the city before I needed to be back at the hotel in order to get sleep before my flight.  A friend and I headed down to La Rumbla to take the city bus tour thru the eastern part of Barcelona.
 

It was a nice evening, and we sat on the upper section of the double decker bus as we enjoyed the sights and sun in Barcelona.  We started in the Catalyuna plaza at the north end of La Rumbla.

Thru the Gothic quarter, or the old town. 





heading down to the beach and the Olympic village area of Barcelona.  The Olympic village is from the Olympics in 1992.


We saw some interesting architecture - the water tower that looks like a cucumber
 

The National Theater


The Familia Sagrura (the sacred Family church) - still under construction.










We saw the varied balconies around town, saw more works of art by Guadi

And ended up back at La Rumbla for some shopping.  We strolled along the street, taking in the sights and sounds and the people of Barcelona.  After finishing our shopping, we headed back to the hotel to try and sleep before our 4 am wake up call.  Saturday was travel day, 6:50 am flight to Paris  to catch the 10:55 am plane home to Bug.  While it would seem the trip was easy, by the time I got home at 2:20 pm, it was actually 8:20 pm in Barcelona, so 14 hours of traveling for me.  I slept some on the plane, sent time with Bug and then we both went to bed at 8 pm.
 
Sunday started earlier than usual as the US changed time on Saturday night-  we sprang forward, meaning we lost an hour of sleep. Bug and I needed a nap on Sunday afternoon.  Bug had his piano recital today.  He played a song called "the rainbow".  He did a great job.
 



 
Bug and his piano teacher, Mrs. Starla.

 
We had some cookies.  Bug liked that they were shaped like musical notes.



 
We are back to normal starting tonight.  Tomorrow starts school and work, the usual routine.  Bug seems to be fine so far, but I know it will be a matter of days before his behavior deteriorates because he is happy I am home, but angry that I left on my business trip.  I am hopeful we can get thru this week without a melt down, but I am planning for it to happen so I am prepared.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment