Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pre- Thanksgiving holiday fun- baking and zoo lights.

it is the day before Thanksgiving and pie baking has been completed.  This is the apple pie that Bug requested.  The pumpkin pie is in the oven during this picture.

Bug worked on decorating the patio doors.  He did fix the direction of the letters.  This was my plan to keep him busy for an hour or so.

We headed out to the zoo to see the lights.  We always go early so we can see the animals.  I a so glad we it this year because the animals were very active and I am not talking about the human boy animals. :)

The Andean condor and the Steller's eagle were preening and showing off their wing span.  They are incredible.

The Emu was busy talking to us.  I have to say, these birds are not so incredible.

For the first time, we got to see the cougars up close and personal.  Usually they are on the rock ledge at the far end of their enclosure.

The tiger was pacing, ready for dinner (all the animals were waiting for dinner).  Bug was in heaven.  Bug and BB said the tiger was the best part of the zoo today.

Bug found the mini pine cone and used a normal pine cone to show the size difference.  Too cool.

The Red Panda was running around having fun in the cold weather (it was 36F, which is about 1 C)

BB was having fun with the meerkat statues

The bat ear fox was so cool looking

my animals

duck walking out of the tunnel

The boys enjoyed the train ride.


We saw some cool little birds

and sleeping bears. 

I got some cool photos with the boys and the lights

I love these boys

Riding the eagles

howling at the moon

I love being a momma

the rainbow tunnel

Gingerbread man with my sweeties

The lights

Our little monkey family.



These were the coolest lights, they changed colors.  I want these.




We stopped at the gift shop and BB found Mrs. Claus.  She was so nice. 


My boys, all ready for the holiday season.
 
Tomorrow is my favorite holiday- all about family, food, football and fun, as Bug and I discussed today. 
 
Pictures coming tomorrow of all the festivities.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment