Saturday, January 09, 2016

Basketball weekend and last pack meeting for scouts

Rocket has basketball practice 2 times a week, so pictures during the week are few and far between.  I usually sit and answer work emails during practice and talk to a few other parents.
 
This week, he was making baskets left and right during warm ups and then when I started taking pictures, he started missing the baskets.




Friday night was the last regular pack meeting for these Senior Weblos.  We have pinewood derby in February and then Blue and Gold banquet in March.  At Blue and Gold, Rocket will move up to Boy Scouts.  The Weblos held their last flag ceremony.  I can not believe there are 2 more months of cub scouts, that 5 years of cub scouting adventures are coming to an end. 
In boy scouts, it is all boy led and I will really not be needed (though there are things I can do for the scout troop).   Rocket knows which troop he wants to go to and I think he will be joining a hew of his friends in the same troop.
I will continue to work with the cub scouts for rechartering each fall and I will help the boy scouts with badge review (or something like that).

Rocket has one more award this year- the Arrow of Light.  I am so proud of his work and effort in scouting.


these boys have formed life long friendships through school, sports and scouting.

the first of 2 games this weekend.  We played the team we played in week 1. the other team won, but we held them close in scoring.






Rocket was in bounding the ball for the first and 3rd quarters. I usually do the score book for the coaches (our team), so I sit up higher and usually have a great view of the game. The boys have put in lots of work this year and you can see the progress they have made from the first practices until now.  I love their coaches.


 
Have a great day, love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment