Sunday, January 24, 2016

the events of this week- ending 24Jan2016

so going back a little over a week, Rocket was in the school Spelling Bee.  He made it through 2 rounds, but went out early this year.  I am so proud of him and how much time he put into studying the words.  2 8th graders ended up having a spell off to be declared the winner.  It was a good competition.



Saturday I took rocket and the dog out for a walk.  I thought it was warmer then it was, we were dressed in jackets and it was snowing a little. 
the fish pond at the park, almost frozen

Pablo was happy to be outside for a walk.


A boy and his dog walking in the woods.


Sunday, we had a basketball game, these are he OLG parents/grandparents, watching the game.


The boys getting set to play.

Monday was a school holiday and I had to work.  During the afternoon, I had a visitor to my office.  I don't think Rocket got dressed at all on Monday, he stayed in his jammies.

Pablo was happy on his doggie bed on the floor.

See, me at my desk, with my visitor. Rocket spent the morning watching TV, then he read, did homework, practiced piano and had his first Spanish lesson in the evening.

Tuesday, Rocket had school.  Then Wednesday, school was cancelled due to snow and I again had a visitor in the afternoon.  This time, Rocket decided to love on the dog after reading.

after work was done,  we had to shovel the snow. we also spent some time playing in the snow. I shoveling a path all he way down to the street in this picture, so the kids didn't have to walk in the snow in the morning or afternoon.  I also shoveled an area for us to stand at the bus stop.  I am so tired of standing in snow and having cold feet.




Thursday the kids had school and then Friday school was cancelled again due to a snow storm that was coming into the area in the afternoon.  The storm went slightly south of us, but I am not upset that school was cancelled.  I would rather the kids miss a day then have them stuck at school or on buses trying to get home.  Before Rocket came home, there was another storm like this one and I had to stay at work until 4 pm. My usual commute of 20 minutes took over 2 hours.  There were school buses that never made it to drop off kids, kids spending the night at school.  Definitely, I prefer a snow day.
So this week, Rocket went to school 2 days and was off 3 days.  The fall out from the missed days will be felt this week as homework likely doubles.  Rocket and I are both sick this weekend.  He has missed 2 basketball games, huge couching fits, very tired and chests that hurt from all the coughing.  Rocket slept most of Saturday and he did not make it through church today.
 
I am hoping this a better week.  Rocket has a basketball tournament game on Wednesday, we have my birthday party on Friday evening and we have the family birthday on Sunday.  It would be nice to have us both well for my birthday.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment