Monday, April 16, 2012

shopping at the quilt show

So these are the things we bought this weekend- first 2 bags for scraps when we trim fabric- they also double as pin cushions.  I am planning on Bug eventually doing some sewing- boy scouts need to know how to sew a button on their shirt.  And he wanted the blue bag.

I saw this hand dyed fabric last year.  I a going to use it as the background to the quilt I am working on now (I think).

For the quilt blocks I am working on this month, I needed hexes to make the design- it is paper piecing (which I will likely never do again).  So I spent the money to get the templates so I have a chance to get the design right.  When I got home, I realized I was supposed to get 1.25 (11/4 inch) hexes.  So one design will either be 1 inch or 1.5 inch hexes.  Thankfully, these are just put on the background fabric, so I will not be affecting the size of the square. 

Bug "twisted" my arm and had me buy some fat quarters of fabric.  He wants to start or have his own stash of fabric.  He as for pine cone fabric, baseballs (with flames), horses, and 1st place fabric.  I bought the turtle fabric at the bottom for me.
I think Bug is trying to tell me to get working on his sports quilt.
love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment