Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Boys room is done

If you recall- back in March, the shower in my bathroom started leaking.  I had to have it replace or flood the basement every time I took a shower.  I promised pictures once it was all done and decorated. 
This is it.  The boys (Rocket and our new exchange student) will be using it.  I have switched rooms, I am in Rocket's room and he is in mine- lots of beds being moved.  Lots of cleaning too- but that is good.
 
 
here is the shower- it is a tiny bathroom.  I went pretty dramatic with the paint- it is like a teal color. The theme is beach or ocean.

The other wall- some beach themed.  the top 2 items I bought, the 3rd item- the turtle picture, Rocket made in art class at school.  I love it!  I had to find a frame for it since the turtle shell is made of real sea shells.

This is how the room is set up.  there is space against the wall for the boys to move around their bed.  I don't care if they both decide to put the beds against the walls. 

Back to the bathroom and close up of the turtle.

This is Rocket's side of the room.  You can't tell, but the 4 pictures around his cork board are post cards from our travels.  He has 2 sets of Guatemalan post cards, one of our city and one of my work locations. 
You can see the corner of the dresser I still have to clean off- more of my crap to sort through.

The pictures in black frames on the wall above the head of the beds are ocean scenes from Greece.  They are post cards that I bought at the Greek festival.  Our exchange student's bed will have different linens, these were just to see how the room fit together and also because Rocket wanted a sleep over with me- so I tried out the other bed.  That will not be happening again, the dog sleeps with me.  He and I don't fit in a twin bed, mostly because the dog likes to sleep in the middle of the bed.

Well, I am off to finish work.  Lots to do today.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment