Thursday, August 18, 2016

fun at the Aquarium, Monday 15Aug2016 (Happy birthday to Rocket)

Monday, Dancer arrived at 12 noon right as I finished up work.  We headed out to the Aquarium soon after to enjoy the afternoon. 
The kiddos on the  levee.

Snake necked turtle.  I think if I ever came across one of these in the wild, I would be screaming.

Both Dancer and Falco were game to touch the wildlife.  As usually, Rocket wanted nothing to do with touching the wildlife.

The newest exhibit- SEAHORSES!! 



this is a dragon seahorse.  I could not use flash photography in this area- but it really looks like a miniature dragon or a baby loch ness monster.

sea horse- I am happy.  they are soooooooo cute

a new octopus.  the one that here last year must have died (it was old last year when we came to visit). this one is much more active.

stingrays- also my favorite


none of the kiddos are taller than the alligator's tale.  It is interesting that this chart shows Rocket at 5 feet, but another chart later in the aquarium shows him under 5 feet.

in the jaws of the alligator. 

the otters were out today- they bring them out one at a time as they are introducing the otters to each other.  both are new to the aquarium and there might be otter babies in the future


Tortuga!! 


See, Rocket is significantly shorter than 5 feet on this chart.

Dancer touching the sharks.  I like Dancer, I think she will be OK while she is with us.
 
OK- that's about it for today.  I might have to see what photos Falco has to see if he has some good ones of our adventures this week.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment