Monday, August 15, 2016

Rocket's 11th birthday

Friday, I took the boys and some friends over to the Y for some swimming.  Since none of the boys had been at this Y in a number of years, they all needed swim tests- including Falco.
Here we have D already done, his little brother P completing the 25 yard/meter swim, and Falco ready to go on the other side.
Rocket is off changing into his swim stuff.

Falco coming into the wall.

After the 25 meter swim, they have to tread water for 60 seconds. 
Of course, they could choose not to do the swim test, but then they will be marked with a red band and I would have to stay in arms length of them in the shallow end of the pool.  None of them wanted that, so they took the swim test to get a green band so they could be anywhere in pool and I could be another area.

This is rocket taking his test.



We stayed at the pool for 3 hours, playing and swimming.  it was sooooooooo nice.  I think we need to go to this pool more often.

Sunday, we had the family birthday party for Rocket.  He wanted fried chicken, mash potatoes and corn for his meal.  He really wanted me to buy KFC chicken, but that was not happening.  So the boys and I fried chicken.  this is 2nd or 3rd time I attempted to fry chicken.  It worked this time.  I had expert helpers in Falco and Rocket.


After dinner, we had presents for him while we let our food digest. 

Rocket received an Austrian futbol jersey from Falco. 

An X shaped rubiks cube from Auntie Lulu and Uncle Darrell

the game of RISK from me and some cash from Mam.


We had cake later.  Rocket says he does not like cake now, so I think I will need to do ice cream sundaes for him from now on. Or maybe ice creams cakes?????

Happy birthday to my little man

"Happy birthday to me"

So happy


Even Pablo got some treats- he got a frozen dog treat
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment