Thursday, August 18, 2016

Downtown- Wednesday, 17Aug2016

this post is going to be reverse order from how we actually spent our day.  Also, it is out of chronological order as I will post Tuesday's activities later today.
 
 
Yesterday, I took Falco, Rocket and Dancer downtown.  Dancer will be staying with us while her host family is in Thailand on vacation, so this is a good way for her to start getting to know us.  yesterday was very hot and humid.  I really should have thought about doing something else, but both my boys will be starting weekend sports soon and getting out to see the city will not be easy.
 
We ended our adventure with some late lunch.  Here are Falco and Dancer trying some of our local specialty food for the first time.  Both of them liked it, so they got another item to have at lunch instead of a baked potato or salad- the non specialty items on the menu.

We spent some time at Smale park.  Falco enjoyed this area- he was a typical big brother and tried to scare Rocket.  I think Rocket is getting the picture that a brother can be fun but also not so fun at times.  They were fine together and I don't have any worries about them for the rest of the year.  I just think Rocket is going to see that his 'big brother" is just like his friend's big brothers.

Dancer liked this area too.

me and the bridge.  I like this angle. 

exercising with the city behind them. 

the kiddos and the bridge.  Even though the sky looks like it might rain, there was no rain while we were downtown in the afternoon.  Now, in the morning it poured and I though we would have to cancel our outing.  We got over 1.5 inches of rain in under an hour.

We also went to the carousel.  Because it was the first day of school in the city, the park and the carousel were empty.  I got to ride my favorite horse- finally.  Though I did have to kick Rocket off it.  He knew I wanted to ride it and he deliberately got on it.  Silly boy.

Me on the horse.

Rocket rode a second time and picked the corvette.  he was the only one on the carousel.

Dancer picked a great tiger to ride.

Falco choose the horse in lederhosen (of course).

Some pictures from Tuesday evening- Falco talking about scouting in Austria to the scouts in rocket's troop.

We also went to a local market/superstore that specializes in foods from around the world.  This is what we brought home- some plums, nectarines, bananas, tomatoes and cucumbers, along with a bunch of chocolate from Austria and Germany.

The Ritter Sport display- the most I have seen outside of my trip to Berlin in 2014.  I know where we will be shopping again.
 
Pictures from the aquarium are coming later this evening.  Falco and I are going up to the high school today to schedule his classes.  This ought to be a fun time since the freshman (9th graders) are in school today and I will want to walk Falco through the building with his schedule so he knows where to go.
 
More to come.
 
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment