Friday, August 26, 2011

having fun, the first week of school

The first week of school is done.  Bug says he likes everything at school.  So far, there are no complaints and no fussing over doing homework or getting up in the morning.  But he has looked tired in the afternoon.
Being tired has not stopped him from playing hard all week. 


Interrupting play time was the clean out of all the papers from kindergarten.  I filled this 30 gallon plastic box with all Bug's papers, projects, etc last year.  The plan was to go thru these papers over the summer, but I kept running out of time.  So last night, Bug and I sat and went thru everything to decide what to keep.  We ended up with small pile of things that I want to keep to remember his first year of school.   Bug pulled out a few papers that I was going to throw away and he put them in the keep pile.  But we are ready to start filling the bin with this year's papers.


Tonight, I sat and watched Bug ride a scooter like a teenager.  he had all the moves down.  while watching, I also got to see the neighbors next to me have 8  cars drive up with people getting out and going in the house and then- just for me- they drove on my lawn!!!!!  I will be talking to neighbors this weekend, there is absolutely no reason for people to be driving on my lawn, if they can not back a car out of driveway, then they go to the bottom of the street to the circle to turn around and then come back and park their car. 

My thoughts and prayers are with my friends and colleagues on the East Coast.  Stay safe amigos!!!!


love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment