Wednesday, August 31, 2011

more fun and excitment at our house

Our schedule is expanding.  Today, Bug had his first piano lesson.  We are very blessed to know talented teachers and friends.  S was and is the choir pianist for the church choir I was in at the time Bug came home.  She is awesome.  When I asked about lessons, friends immediately recommended her as a teacher.  Bug was a little unsure.  But he listened and played the games with her during the lesson today.  As we left her house, he exclaimed "I love piano".  So I have signed him up. 
Below he is playing a game where he has to stand on the black keys- either the pair or the trio.


here he is working on high and low tones.
I have a keyboard at home from when I took lessons as an adult.  It has sat in the basement for the last 8 years since I only had 6 months of lessons.  But as soon as I brought it up from the basement this evening, Bug was ready to play with it.  I am excited for him to have music lessons.  It was something I always wanted as a child, but due to my biological father's alcohol addiction, I never got to experience.

Since school has started our schedule is slowing filling up.  Right now on the schedule:
Saturday- Soccer (starting 10Sep)
?- piano practice- I am just waiting for S to let me know what night she fits us into the schedule
? - boy scouts- we have sign up tomorrow night.  Bug is excited about this.  he came home from school yesterday and told me that he gets to roast marshmallows.  Which I find funny, since he hates roasted marshmallows.  He loves uncooked marshmallows though. Go figure.

I also need to get Spanish lessons schedule or get us Spanish software, so we can work on our Spanish at home.    Friends told me school would start to fill up Bug's time and my time, I think I was in denial though.  And I realize that I have total control over our activities, but I want Bug to enjoy things and be exposed to things.  I enjoyed Girl Scouts, so Bug is trying Boy Scouts.  I always wanted to music lessons, Bug really wants to be a drummer, so we are starting with piano lessons.  A sport is important just for the fun and exercise.  As far as I am concerned, Bug is at the perfect age to just keep trying things, so he eventually discovers what really interests him.  I think soccer is going to win out at this point in his life, but swimming for fun comes in a close second. Bug is just totally happy to be going, going, going.

that's all for tonight.  Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment