Monday, November 07, 2011

our ride the last few days

Friday, as we left the park where the Farmers market is located, our car just stopped running.  Thank goodness Mam was with me, once I got the car started, she was able to steer the car while I pushed it.  We got it parked near the curb and called Pap.  Pap came a rescued us and took us to the dealer who gave me a loaner car until they could look at the car and determine what was wrong.  Since we picked up the loaner at 5:45 pm on Friday night, I knew I was not going to have a choice on the car.  But I certainly was not expecting the GGPOC* SUV that they brought me.
 It does not even fit in the garage!!!  I think I would take out the sides and at least the first row of bricks on top of the garage if I tried to park inside.  This means everything has to be out of the car every night- too much of a target sitting in the driveway to leave anything in the car.

The windows are higher than Bug- this means the bottom of the window is 4 foot off the ground!!!!!!  Who the heck needs to be that high???


Needless to say, Bug loved the loaner.  he thought sitting up so high was AWESOME.  The navigation/GPS system was great and the fact that it has satellite radio is so cool.  He is easily taken in by all the flash.  I have spent the weekend explaining to him why this car is not cool- rides so rough, too big and filling the tank would bankrupt me in a month or less.  This thing gets 12 miles to the gallon!!!!!! Thank God I do not have to drive to work, otherwise my budget for the month would be shot already.  As it is the repairs for my car are going to put a serious dent in my Christmas plans. But I need my car to last another 3 years- 2015 is the year for a new car at our house.
I am happy this tank is going back to the dealer tomorrow.

* GG POC = gas guzzling piece of crap.  Which how I refer to SUVs around this house. Please don't take offense if you have an SUV, they are just not my thing.

In more mundane news, Bug gave Little M his 'pillow pet'.  M really wanted one and Bug actually did not want this anymore since he got the dragon one when he got his flu shot.  So he offered to give M his dog when he heard that M wanted one for Christmas.  Bug is definitely a sensitive young man who cares for others.  I am very proud of him for giving away the dog pillow pet.  M is happy and Bug is happy.  All is good in the world.


Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment