Sunday, November 27, 2011

The rest of the holiday weekend

Thursday was Thanksgiving.  Auntie Lulu managed to rock Bug to sleep right before dinner.  He was upset that I told her to throw away a pencil he was eating.  He has never tried to eat a pencil before, the pencil had some sort of foil like stuff on it.  Since it was a cheap pencil that he got in a gift bag at school, I was worried about the lead content of the foil.  So to get rid of the temptation, into the trash it went.  These cheap pencils are a bane for me- we have far too many of them in this house- Bug sharpens them down to nothing in less than 10 minutes trying to get a sharp point  on the pencil.

Eating a turkey leg at dinner.  I need to find the picture of me eating turkey legs one year when I was close to the same age.  We are two peas in a pod in some respects.


Tonight we started the indoor decorating for Christmas.  But was in charge of putting up the window stickers on the patio door.  These were stickers that belonged to Mam when Auntie Lulu and I were younger.  Lulu has had them while her kids grew up and now they are with us.  We will hold on to them until Uncle Dave has kids and then they will be passed on thru the family.   A nice tradition.


I managed to put up Bug's tree.  I had a splitting migraine all day.  I ended up resting on the couch for 3 hours, then I had no energy to put up the big tree, so this is as far as I could get today.  I will set up the large tree during my lunch tomorrow and Bug and I will start decorating it this week.

Bug did get some new ornaments on his tree- another firetruck, a batmobile, lego Darth vader, and a guitar.  I think he is happy at this point.
We start back to work and school in the morning, Bug is not too excited.  He has gotten used to sleeping until 8:30 each morning as have I.  Getting up at 6:30 is going to be rough for the next few days.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment