Saturday, December 29, 2012

More snow

We received more snow overnight.  The weather forecasters said we would get 3-5 inches and we got 1.5 inches.  But the total snow in the last 4 days is now officially 5.8 in our city, which is more snow then we received all last winter (5.6 inches).  There is more snow forecasted for New year's eve. Bug is very happy with all this snow.


Various pictures of our backyard at 7 am this morning, when I got up.  The lit pictures are with the flash on the camera, while the dark ones are without the flash.  Yes, it is still dark here at 7 am.


The white specs are the snow falling.  Pablo loves the snow.

later, I took these photos of the trees- this is the neighbor's tree

our little Japanese Maple tree

Pablo, the shed and the butterfly bush.  I love the puffy look to the yard, the peacefulness and the muted color to the world when the snow is fresh.  There is something relaxing and calming about freshly fallen snow and the quietness of the world.

Bug and Pablo, playing ball

One happy little man

and more playing

and some more.

We were out for about an hour, shoveling the driveway and then playing.  Now we are hanging out at home, with some bean soup cooking on the stove.  The house smells so good.  This is what I love about our family, it is the simple things that make us happy.  I am off to take a nap, maybe Bug and the dog will join me.

Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. I love the snow-covered trees, too. And I have a Japanese dwarf maple in my front yard, it's the only tree I know the name of (although mine was badly damaged in a storm February 2010 and will be years before it grows back nicely). Glad Bug and Pablo had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete