Friday, June 12, 2009

Playmates

Our original plan for the evening was:

get our hair cut in preparation for vacation next week

Then it became:
Momma will cut the grass and then we will go to the pool and swim

But it ended up being:
Momma cutting the grass while Bug and M played and then Momma watching Bug and M play for another 3 hours.

M lives across the street and is about 3 years older than Bug. I must admit that there have been times when I thought that I would not let Bug play with her. When Bug first came home, M had no idea how to play with a younger child and she was not used to sharing with a younger child. It was very hard to watch- but over the last year, M has really changed or maybe Bug has caught up in some areas and the differences in their abilities is not so pronounced.

In any case, M is Bug's choice for playtime many times- because she is right across the street.

Pictures are in reverse order.

I let Bug ride his moto in the street!!!! we live on a no outlet street and we can hear or see any cars coming from the end of the street to the stop sign. Since M's dad and grandpa were also watching I felt that 3 adults could watch the street and the kids were safe. Of course, we did not plan on 5 teenagers- high on end of school emotions and foul mouths. I think Bug and M learned some new words before M's daddy told them to take their trash talk away from the kids.




Bug asked M to go for spin- just like Susi and Alex. Too cute

My happy moto boy with the sticky face from ice cream.



While we wee playing in the backyard- I heard the ice cream truck and so did the kids- I raced into the house to get my wallet and sent the kids to the front yard. By the time i got outside, M's daddy was buying us all ice cream. I think it was a gift for entertaining M so he and his dad could have time to talk. But whatever the reason, the ice cream was great and a perfect treat. Bug got a watermelon bottle pop thing (I though for sure he would never eat it) an he inhaled it. I have never seen him eat all his ice cream. Now I know what to treat him with when we get ice cream again.
















M and Me as taken by Bug. M did not believe that I could get into the fort area- apparently Mommas are not supposed to be in the fort.







They played "lions and tigers" for most of the evening. Bug really needs a sibling- really he does.



After finishing the grass- the kids scootered around the sidewalks. M loves her scooter and bike and Bug wants to be just like her.






On you mark, get set, Vamanos!!!!!








Having a wonderful evening.











No momma- no kisses- yucky!!!











My clematis- the best it has done since I lived in this house- please excuse the double chin thing.








































Buddies
















Biker/scooter boy- my son















Look- I lost 2 teeth.


















Concentrate, concentrate


















The kindergarten graduate
So that was our impromptu evening hanging in the neighborhood. My second plan for the night was specifically designed to wear Bug out. M did a great job wearing him using plan 3. He did not get to bed early- it was after 8 pm before we got dinner but he was sound asleep by 9 pm. So life is good tonight and I am thankful to have had time to watch him play with M.
Love and hugs,
Deb

















1 comment:

  1. Deb,

    Bug looks so cute in these pics. He really is growing up. So glad things are good for you right now.

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete