Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Respite

Sometimes you don't even realize that you need a respite until you have had one. Tonight, J and D came over with E. I have known them for about 2 years now and since the moment I meet J, there was something in her spirit that struck me. She is peace and calmness and just talking with her, I get a feeling of calmness around me. E is there son, he is about 2 weeks younger than Bug. When we changed churches last fall, it was a wonderful surprise to find out they also attended the same church. E and Bug shared a Sunday school class and will again this fall.

I invited them over dinner tonight. What a wonderful time- the boys played great together- no biting, no pinching, no drama!!! D pushed the boys on the swings and J and I just got to talk. We shared and found that our boys have many of the same personality traits and that we have the same issues going on. It was wonderful to share and know that we are going through the same things and that we can lean on each other.

At the end of our night, we had cookies and the boys were hamming it up for the cameras with silly faces.












before they arrived, Bug was really trying to make my heart stop- he figured out that his car is a skateboard. he was determined to ride the skateboard. I am thinking that I should prepare for stitches in the near future as he is going to crack his head open on the coffee table.











And, this is what I see each night. Bug is now refusing to go to sleep in my bed, he goes to sleep on the couch in the living room while I blog. It is just too much hassles to fight with him at the end of the day, so I caved. I probably caved more so because he stayed up until 11 pm a few nights in a row just to show me that he was not going to sleep in my bed.


now, all of that to say that he still insists on sleeping in my bed- he just will not stay in the bed unless I am there. So he starts on the couch and when I go to bed, I take him to bed.
maybe we can start working on changing sleeping habits when we get back from vacation.
Love and hugs,
Deb







1 comment:

  1. Having a support system is so important, especially with someone who "gets it." It looks like bug had lots of fun!

    Pea also likes to stand on things that have wheels and he thinks everything is a step stool to reach whatever he wants in the moment. Yikes! Hopefully we will both avoid the ER for a long time!

    ReplyDelete