Friday, June 22, 2012

Our next adventure- A Dog

Yesterday, we drove to  meet our potential new dog.  He is friendly dog, about 18 months old.  He is a little excited when he first meets people and he does try to give face kisses, but he plays great with Bug.  He also settled down after about 10 minutes and Bug was in heaven.

We had a 2 hour drive home and I was not sure how Luke was going to do in the car, but he and Bug had a great time getting to know each other in backseat.  Even when we stopped for McDonald's (drive thru), Luke ate his rawhide treat and left our food alone.  Of course, he really wanted my fries that I did not eat, but a stem OFF and an elbow blocking his ability to get to the front seat ended that idea.


Bug was waiting for Luke to laid his head on him and finally, Luke relaxed enough to lie down.

Happy boys.

When we got home, Luke was happy to lay close to my feet while I read to Bug. When we went to Bug, Luke stayed on the floor next to Bug.  He did get up 2 times in the night. the first time was not so bad, the second was at 5:45 am and it turns out he heard the 5 dogs behind coming out, so when I let him out to do his business, he headed straight for the back fence and starting barking.  So he lost the option of being outside. 

He did really good while I worked today, he moved around my office, mostly trying to find a cool place to lie down. This was about 10 am in the morning.  right after this, I took him for a 40 minute walk.

He came home and slept most of the afternoon.  We found out that the air vent in my office was not open.  Once I opened it, Luke never moved unless I moved.
Tonight we brushed his coat, I think we cold fur another dog with the amount of excess fur we brushed out of Luke.  Luke is going to need brushing every other day for a while to get all the excess hair off of him.

Bug is very happy to have a dog.  We are going with Luke right now until we make a final decision if we are going to keep Luke.  We have a week to decide. So far, there is no reason not keep him, he is a good dog.

Love and Hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment