Saturday, June 16, 2012

The trip home

Sunday was our travel day- back to reality, and back to home
before we left, Bug and Amiga had to get some hacky sack soccer playing done.  The staff kept smiling at Amiga playing in her bare feet.  I am not even sure Amiga knew they were watching her.


We were on the same flight into Houston and we had about 2 hours (after the drama of immigration) for dinner.  So of course, we choose McDonald's- salad for Mam, wrap for me and a happy meal for Bug.  Amiga choose another restaurant.  Mam and I were happy be able to eat lettuce again.  Amiga is setting up her phone for a game for her and Bug to play.  Bug likes playing games on phones- too bad his momma does not have games on her phone.

Helping to clean up

On the plane home with Baxter the bear.  This is at 8:30 in the evening.  Definitely a long travel day.

Sleeping Bug- this is about 30 minutes later and Bug was mad at me so he feel asleep by the window.  I ended up settling his head on my lap so he was more comfortable.
When we got to our home airport it took a good 15 minutes of shaking Bug and calling to him to get him to wake up, he was a tired Bug.
Monday, Bug slept until 11 am. I was up at 6 and 7 am trying to call his scout leaders to let them know he was not going to scout camp on Monday.  Bug stayed in his jammies until 4 pm on Monday.  I had to get dressed in order to go grocery shopping.

It has been a rough week since we got back, exhaustion for both of us and some sleep issues. More on that in the next post.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment