Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fun filled Saturday

It was a busy Saturday in our house. we got up late this morning- after 9 am, we were out late last night. We did some laundry and then went grocery shopping for Thanksgiving. I had a short list, but ended up buying much more- but at least grocery shopping for the next 2 weeks is done. Bug is trying to carry the frozen turkey. A couple of store employees were coming past us and they were laughing. The Turkey is 14 pounds.

After grocery shopping, we headed over to the senior center to see the trains. Bug has seen these every year, so he was excited to see the fire station and the burning house.
peeking up at the firetruck coming out.

Look out- the train is coming right at us!!!!!!



Checking for the trains


After he got chair, he was much happier. here he is pointing out the motorcycle.

trains, trains and more trains.


Bug: " I will not smile, I will not show you I am sooooo excited to be here with all these trains"

Bug Momma is excited.
After the trains and some lunch, we headed over to Eden park to see the balloon glow (I can't spell the name they give this event). it was from 4-6. We got there at 2 pm. No one told us that it really does not start until 5 and that a gazillion photographers would be there. But we got seats on the wall across the reflecting pool. Mam held our seats while Bug and I played some FOOTBALLL!!! But, if we had waited to come down to the park, we would not have found parking. So it was all good.

yes, he was enjoying himself.



We were the Bearcats and the bad guys were the Steelers. Apparently Bug mixes his college and pro footballs teams without any issue.



I am hiking the ball to Bug. the first I did this, I hit him square in the butt. My mom, Bug and I were laughing so hard. Bug and I played football for 2 hours. A good work out for me and a good work out for him.


Some Christmas Carolers. They also had a Christmas brass band.

The balloons being blown up - from our location. I love the reflections in the water.



Mam enjoying the balloons.




Momma and Bug - happy after a great day together.


The beginning of the glow. 12 balloons (they all do not fit in one picture)


All glow- part 1



All glow part 2




I loved this event. I think this event is going to be added to our yearly calendar. Although, we did hear that last year on the balloon glow day it was 20 degrees F out. So we might have to think about it on years when it is that cold.
We have a wonderful day as a family. Tomorrow Mam is being baptized at church, so it will be another exciting day.
Love and hugs,
Deb



No comments:

Post a Comment