Wednesday, May 12, 2010

another day in the life of hijo- or at least the evening


last night's dinner at our house: totillas, cheese, tomatoes and refried beans.  Hijo loved it.  I choose to add some meat to my version.  Hijo loved ripping up his tortilla and dipping into the refreid beans.




since I have been boring you all with pictures of the back gardens, here is the front of the house.  the yellow flowers are "jospeh's coat" roses- they start yellow and will end up a deep red.  In between they are pink and orange colored.  I love them so much.  The purple flowers are my irises I transplanted 3 years ago.  they have not bloomed since I transplanted them.  This was the year that if they did not bloom, they were going to compost bin.  They wll be allowed to stay in the garden now. 



WARNING- potentially upsetting pictures below- stop here if you are easily upset or get queasy at the sight of dead things







































We went for a walk to tonight, which meant I walked and hijo rode his moto. While walking, we pass a storm drain area.  Hijo immediately noticed the dead bird.  of course, I have a boy- he would notice the grosses thing out there.  So we had a 5 minute viewing and discussion of the bird.  Hijo is convinced that the bird was made dead by a frog.  I had to explain over and over that it was not a frog that made the bird dead.  frogs don't have sharp pointy teeth that pierce the wings and body- more likely it was a cat or fox (yes, we have those around here).




When we got home, hijo had to have a rest in the garage sale find I got for him when we visited lady bug and bitty bug.  He looked some comfortable in the chair.

Love and hugs,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment