Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We are back in the living- finally

So both hijo and I are on the road to recovery finally.  He has completed his medication and I finally got mine.  He had an ear infection, I have a sinus infection.  This week has kicked our butts.  But we managed to have fun even while stuggling with illnesses.



My "got milk" boy

Golfing with Mam


Best buddy Y came to church with us on Sunday.  Hijo was so excited. Y was not smiling, but she was happy.





Today we headed to T.arget.  Hijo found the Buzz Light.year to play with.  We also found all the goodies for gift bags for his birthday party- which will be CARS themed again.


Dinner on the back patio tonight- grilled chicken, tomatoes (not from our garden- too early), lettuce and radishes from our garden, and chips and salsa. YUMMY.

Having dinner with my best friend from high school- priceless!!!  She is staying with us while she is in town helping with her parents after her father had an accident.  Watching her go through this has really brought home the decisions that I could be faced with in the future with my parents.  I am more fortunate to have 3 other siblings to share the decisons with, but no matter how many of us there are, the decisions will be difficult.  I hope and pray that we are never faced with having to make these decisions, that a little preplanning by my parents (most of which they have already done and documented) will allow for more choices/options.  But things happen and sometimes the worst things happen and all the decisions made previously suddently are not an option.

her visit has also prompted me to really think some more on decisions I have to make and put into a will/guardianship papers for hijo.  Right now if something happened to me, I have nothing written down.  There is a tough decision to be made and I have been avoiding it.  Talking with E has really helped solidify what I need to do, though.

Well, it is well past my bed time and I need to get sleep so that I can continue to get well.  It is a holiday weekend and there is a huge party to kick off the weekend- Jas is turning 18 and he is graduating from high school!!!!!!!!

love and hugs,
Momma

2 comments:

  1. Lucas and I hope that you both are feeling like a million bucks soon!!

    Enjoy the long weekend!
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were talking about the will thing tonight, too. Someone mentioned that she set up a trust through an attorney that covered all the money stuff, living will, and guardianship for one price. Worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete