Sunday, May 16, 2010

Busy Weekend

befoere we get to pictures from this weekend, I found these pictures on Hijo's camera.  They are from Mam's birthday.  Hijo figured out how to use the timer on his camera and was taking self portrait pictures.  he is a smart little boy.


Saturday morning:

We headed out to the laundromat to wash the winter weight bedding.  Hijo was in charge of putting the money in the machines.  No preschoolers werer hurt in the taking of these pictures!!!  but one little boy was supremely happy that he was the money man.




While the bedding was washing, Hijo insisted on playing cars with Mam.  This lasted until he found some other kids to play with and then Mam and I were history in his mind.

He loved the carts for unloading the dryers.

But at the end of the time at the laundromat, he really wanted to play video poker!!!!!  needless to say, this request was denied immediately and repeatily.





Sunday Night:

first we had a bilingual service, celebrating our home church's partnership with the "Spanish" church  we volunteer at on Saturday nights.

We met up with one of hijo's Sunday school friend- she is as smiley as hijo.




Hijo and I were "interviewed' about how we came to to be helping in the Spanish church, what we love about it and why we continue to volunteer.

Hijo was not talking, but he was giving kisses to me and was determined to talk to me as mucha s possible as I was answering the interview questions.
Me, Hijo, Mr. R and M (who was translating for us all).  I kept forgetting that M had to translate what I was saying into Spanish- and I I kept talking too much.



Some more hanging with friends.




After the service, we picked up Pap and headed over to watch the award ceremony for the music department at Jason's school.  Jason is a senior and was honored.  It is hard to believe that in 2 weeks, he will be graduating. As I sat watching, I counted it up and realize that hijo will graduate in the year 2024!!!!!





This afternoon, Hijo was using his sword to attack the "huns" in the backyard.  Hijo loves the movie Mulan and he pretends to be General Shang all the time. He actually has asked me to make a general Shang costume for him to wear for Halloween.

these were the pictures of the wekend- there was lots more going on though.  I am tired and ready for work as a way to relax after this weekend.  We have one quiet weekend coming up and then we are right into lots of graduation activities for Jason.

Love and hugs,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. I love that first picture of Hijo, with both hands on his hip and the required self-portrait smile! Can he teach me to USE my camera, not just the timer feature but the whole thing?

    Busy weekends are a great idea when I'm planning them, but I always regret it on Monday morning when I'm wiped out and have to get up early to finish the laundry I didn't do during the too-busy weekend...

    ReplyDelete