Thursday, May 06, 2010

So te excitement today- large digging machines sitting in my front yard today as of lunch time.  Of course, they took a 2 hour lunch after parking this in my yard.  the reason for the machine- new gas lines being installed.  The irony, my gas line was replaced last year after a gas leak. 

But apparently last year, though, they did not run the line all the way to the main, they coupled it to the branch line.  Today they had to connect it all the way out to main line on the other side of the street.

This is the hole left- it does not look like much, but it will settle and then I will have a nice large low spot in the yard (yes, that was sacasm). I am not happy.  This low spot will go out to the street over the next few years  months.  UGHHHHHHHHH!!!

The connection is the opposite  side of the street- the hole over there- the diameter of the gas line.

AI should note, every house in the neighborhood is getting new gas lines- mine was just the first house done today.  They got 3 houses done today- wow, 8 hours of a work day, 2 hour lunch, 6 hours to complete 3 houses.  my house took 20 minutes to complete, the house next door took 20 minutes.  I wonder what the workers did the rest of the day.

Tonight, I took 45 minutes of video at soccer.  I will get the DVD created and sent down to Guatemala later this weekend.

Love and hugs,
momma

No comments:

Post a Comment