Saturday, May 01, 2010

catching up

Some pictures from the last few days.  Wednesday- the steps almost done.

Thursday- handyman totalling up my bill..
view from the end- LOVE IT!!!!!!!

The far end- no way for the stray cats to get under the porch and hide in the window well.  yes, there is a window under the steps- no clue why the house was built that way- but there have always been steps over the window- so I am not concerned about covering it. Now I have a 2-3 week wait (depending on the rain) until I can seal the porch or stain it.  That should give me enough time to consider weather I want to leave it a pine color or stain it a darker color.  Dang (sarcasm here), another reason to go to H.ome D.epot.
Thursday night, Mam and Pap went to soccer with us.  Hijo was very happy to sit on Pap's lap and not smile.  He spent the 15 minutes before class asking me how many more mintues he had until class.




The coaches brought out the larger inflatable soccer balls so the kids had a larger target for kicking.  Hijo did great with it.


There was a huge gaggle of kids in the middle most of the night.

Some sauntering to the middle of field.
volunteering for the backline.  Mam and Pap were shocked to see Hijo talking to the coaches.  A 180 degree change from last year.  I am going to take my video camera next week and video the entire class- it should be funny. The video will be sent to Guatemala for Popi and the girls to view- I can not wait to hear their comments on the class and the way the kids react.

Today we headed to a consignment sale- hijo found this- he was happy to ride it while I looked for school uniforms for me.  I really need to find a place for him to take more riding lessons, I think he would enjoy it.


That was the last few days. 

Tomorrow we are celebrating Mam's birthday.  Today was her birthday- but we celebrate on Sundays.  it was also Popi's birthday today- Feliz Cumpleanos Popi.  Hijo says you are the best Popi ever.


Love and hugs,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment