Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Playdate at the park

We headed out to the park this evening to spend some time with a friend that we have been trying to meet up with for months.  Our schedules never worked out and then the heat and humidity hit over the summer.  finally, a nice evening and schedules that matched up.  We have gone from 90-95 F each day with 90% humidity to days with a high of 65-70 F and no humidity.  Literally overnight the weather has changed.  The weather announcer on the news said it best last night " we never have gradual transitions from season to season".  That is us- it was summer last week and this week it is fall.

So back to our play date- some swinging with T

Some flying due to a big Momma push (I ran under his swing so he was really high)

  And finally- the pictures of him going down the pole.  He did this in the Spring, but I did not have my camera.  Finally the pictures of the big boy sliding down the pole- just like a fireman, he would tell you.



Some hanging around.  he can hang there for a long time.


And the best part of hanging around- dropping to the ground.  he loved this part.




It was cool enough by the time we left that I put his hoodie on him.  He was loving the time at the park. 

I am loving the fact that he falls asleep in under 5 minutes due to the activity.  Tomorrow night we are playing in the yard- my plan is to dig up the potatoes while Bug plays with the girls from across the street.  We'll see how that goes.

Which brings up an issue- the girls E and E are adopted too.  Yesterday, their mom and I talked while the kids played. I mentioned that bug knows his adoption story (age appropriate details) - including that he has a birth mother, a foster family that dearly loves him and a forever family (me).  The mom indicate that her oldest knows she is adopted, but does not know about her birth mother, or even that she has a birth mother.  Which just seems odd to me.  how can you have a discussion about adoption with your child who was adopted if you don't share the entire triad of the adoption.  Her comment was that she was waiting for her daughters to ask about.  UMMMMM- your oldest is 5, how would she know to ask about it if you don't put the context out there?  And the younger sister knows nothing.  It was just odd- really odd.  She even sent the oldest back downstairs when she came up to hang out with us - as a way to prevent her from hearing the conversation.  I offered to bring over some books for her to read on this subject so she can open the conversation with her daughters.  She was shocked that Bug has pictures of his birth mother with him (DNA test picture, his foster mother, Mireya with him and me with him all hanging in his room and in his life book.  I guess I have never come face to face with such an attitude- at least I don't think I have.  I found it extremely odd because her attitude is so opposite from my attitude. I will share my books with her and maybe she will open the conversation with her daughters or maybe not.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment