Wednesday, September 29, 2010

playing and potatoes

We had some more play time tonight.  First- without pictures- we had some time with the girls across the street.  I have pretty much have had it with them though.  I called to see if they could come over and play in the backyard with Bug while I worked on harvesting potatoes (more on that later in the post).  Their mom said they could come over - no indication of a time limit or anything.  The girls came over and as they came in the door, they announced that they could only stay for 30 minutes and then they proceeded to ask me every 2 minutes if their 30 minutes was up.  They ended up leaving after 20 minutes and I was left with a very angry Bug.
And to be honest, I was right there with him in terms of being upset.  I am looking for advice on what to do because I am so tired of watching my Bug be so excited to have friends over and then watching his heart break because  the girls leave early.  But I also don't want to limit his playmates and I want to teach him to speak up.  I think I am going to have go talk to their mom and explain that we need some ground rules- I check with her on amount of time the girls are allowed to stay and then I will set the timer so they know when to leave.  I can not think of anything else to do.

As Bug was upset, he choose to take out his anger on me, which led to to me sending him to put his jammies on because he was going to bed (this is at 5:15 pm).  There was a knock at the door and MA from 2 doors down was there- he wanted to play.  Bug likes to play with MA and I had talked to his mom earlier in the afternoon and told her we would be home and they could just stop down when they got home from the store.

Bug raced to change back into his clothes and we headed out to play.


 The boys had a great time playing- they played in front, riding scooters and the moto and then we headed to our back yard and the boys played until 7 pm.  The boys never stopped running around.  MA's mom and I sat and talked while we watched the boys.  I think that is part of the difference between the girls and MA- the girls' mother never comes outside and sits to talk, she just sends them out the door. And these are 4 and 5 year olds.  Whereas MA's mom is always out with him and even ME's (the girl across the street) mother comes out to sit and talk. 





As I stated earlier in this post- I harvested our potatoes today.  This about 4 gallons of potatoes- I used a 5 gallon bucket to haul them into the house. We planted 3 types of potatoes this year- but it looks like just the red potatoes  really did well.  After harvesting  the potatoes, I moved the garden bed closer into the yard in anticipation of planting 3-4 apple trees along the fence where the vegetable garden beds are located.  I have 4 more beds to move.  I am very excited about the trees.

love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment