Saturday, October 16, 2010

Parky's Farm Halloween Nights AKA Bug rides the ponies

We had a busy day today- soccer this morning, La Vina this afternoon/evening and then because Bug was so good at church, I offered him the option of going to Parky's Farm for Halloween nights.  I should have just taken him home.  He did great until I told him it was time to leave, then the exhaustion came out.  But it was fun for a couple of hours.

 The first thing at the park- stand in line to ride the ponies.  This year I forgot to get some extra money before going, so he only got to ride the ponies 2 times instead of 5-7 times like last year.

 But he was happy!!!  He he is riding "Rocky"


 Riding "Peanut"


 Then we watched a music show- silly songs- very cute
 Being the "monster on the bus goes roar, roar, roar" Sing this to the tune of "the wheels on the bus"
Raising his hand to give the singer another scary thing to have on the bus.

we headed over to the hayride- but that line was looked to be at least 2 hours long.  So we did the fun house and I nearly crushed a kid who decided to trip me in the spinning circle exit- I ended up falling on the kid.  Were the kids parents (there were 4 of them) watching- nope!!  I really hate that, the kids were racing through the fun house and knocking over younger kids too, but the parents just stood outside, talking to each other.

Then we did the bounce house.  The first time was awesome, the second time, I watched a 6 or 7 year old slam into younger kids and final hurt one of the kids, while the 3 volunteers running the bounce house were not watching.  Of course, after this event, Bug lost it when I told him it was time to go home.  So I had an angry 5 year old.  But we ended up having a good long discussion in the car and hopefully the discussion about God not liking Bug's behavior and Momma's behavior will help.  We'll see how it goes this week.

Tomorrow is a day at home after church.  Hopefully a day of just playing will start our week off well.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment