Sunday, October 10, 2010

update from Thursday

Nothing in pictures.

Frida, Bug started with diarrhea and Saturday it got so bad, I called his doctor.  The doctor sent us to the emergency room at Children's hospital - which was silly.  Teh ER folks said they don't want to see kids until day 10 of diarrhea but there is some nnasty GI (gastro-enteritis) bug in the area and Bug likely has it.

They were hopeful he missed the worst of it.  But unfortunately, he started vomitting this evening.  So now he is definitely home sick.  He has to be diarrhea and vomitting free before he is allowed to go back to school.  Please let it be soon.

I will not have a computer to post pictures to the blog until at least Wednesday as I loaned my laptop to Vaca Mom for her business trip.  So I will likely not post unless anything changes in Bug's situation.

I was reflecting on Saturday and realized that I thought we were going to escape the normal illnesses this year - but Bug has never been around other kids since coming home to the US on a daily basis, so we are experiencing the joys that most parents see when their kids start daycare.  I am thankful though, that Bug is older becuase he will get through most of it quicker.  It is just going to take us a few times as he is exposed to new germs.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment