Sunday, December 04, 2011

Cub scout outing to downtown

Today, we had a "go and see' event for cub scouts.  We took a hike downtown.  The square has a ice skating rink set up and Santa was skating around. He stopped over and shook hands with all the kids (we had some sisters along for the hike).  Santa suggested the group picture.

And then Big Boy showed up.  Pap- you missed him!!!!!

This picture is for Janet- this is the company headquarters I told you about.  The gardens were chained off, but they looked beautiful.

We visited the Taft museum - where we saw Christmas displays from the early 1900s.  The boys enjoyed it, I got yelled at for touching the curtains by the front door (not original to the house).  I wanted to see the if the big doors on the second floor were actually the front door.

Dinning table set up for Christmas tea.  Yummy looking tarts on the table.  These might be something I think about doing for Christmas day.

in the park in front of the house is the only statue of  Abraham Lincoln where he does not have beard.  I never knew this statue was downtown.  I think we are going to have get out and explore the city some more.

The kids  again

We went to the top of the Carew Tower.  Bug is growing, but he is still not tall enough to use the the telescope viewers.

Looking down on the skating rink from the tower. Everyone looks like ants!!!

I found the panorama setting on my camera- this is looking south

Looking East, with one of the dads who moved while I took the picture

To end our day, we took a carriage ride.  Our horses were Roc and Bell.  They were good horses.  The rain that was supposed to start early in the morning, finally started as we were on the carriage ride. 

Roc and Bell with their owner/driver.  She was great. We had a wonderful tome downtown today. It was fun walking with the scouts and learning about our city. The carriage ride was the perfect end to a perfect day.

Here is why Bug still has his own tree- his ornaments are still toys in his mind.  They end up on the floor being played with on a regular basis.  As much as I wish he would save them by not playing with them, I see the joy on this face when he is playing.  I know the truth- he gets more enjoyment from playing with them then he gets from seeing them on the tree and that is all that counts.

Well, that is the end of our weekend.  I have laundry to do, which will wait for Monday and Tuesday.  I managed to get the dishwasher loaded and now I think bed is calling. The rain is causing another migraine.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment