Sunday, December 11, 2011

a season for baking

Bug and I spent the weekend baking.  I am taking treats to my coworkers this week when I go for meetings.
Bug is eyeing the molasses cookie before trying it on Saturday.

Then he decided to help make the cookies- so he is rolling the next batch in sugar.

the next dozen ready to go in the oven.

Today, though it was cold, it was sunny and there was no breeze.  So we headed out to ride bikes.  Bug definitely has outgrown his bike.  But, I have told him, that until he rides without training wheels (he is ready to take them off), he can not have a new bike.  Today, it finally clicked for him.  I told him that he can learn to ride without training wheels in the Spring, then we will go and buy him a new bike together.  He thought this was great and he let his buddy Little E know this fact while they were playing today.


We made chocolate chip cookies this afternoon- Bug's choice and his choice that these do not got to the meetings with me this week.   And no, I did not eat 4 cookies.

Some milk dipping.


And a new way for us to make hearts - our family sign.
It was a a good day.  Bug is very sad that I am going to meetings.  He kept asking today why I had to go?   I know the time will go fast and the nice part is that when I get back, Bug will have one day left of school for this year- he will be off for just over 2 weeks and then start back up in January.  The time at home for Christmas break will help him settle back in. 

Packing is almost done, I am just waiting for one more load of laundry to finish up so I can get the last of our clothes packed.     Bug now as big a suitcase as I do, since he has extra books to read for school and all his soccer things to pack this time.

The rest of the week will be messages to Bug while I am gone.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment