Friday, December 09, 2011

Soccer, soccer, soccer and other stuff

Bug, sleeping by the light of the Christmas tree.  This is our nightly ritual, he goes to sleep on the couch and I carry him to bed later in the evening.  I am not sure what I am going to do when he get too heavy to carry, but I have a plan.  "Operation Bug goes to sleep in a bed" will be starting on 19Dec, he does not have school for 2 weeks and I can deal with the lack of sleep this operation is going to cause me. I can make it the 2 weeks to transition him back into a bed, I can, I know I can.  I need to be strong, he is staying up too late when he is on the couch at night.  even if I turn off the TV and read emails, he is up until 9 pm.  He has to wake up at 6:30, he needs to be in bed sleeping by 8 pm at this point.  I can make it thru the transition.

I am traveling next week for work.  I decided to bring homemade gifts to the group- I started with chocolate covered pretzels

Then moved on to chocolate bark- trust me, it looks great and tastes even better when it is done.

Bug had soccer last night- ignore how dark it looks, I was playing with my camera settings.

Running out for the ball during drill time.

High fives from the coach!!!

Playing with the kids as they took turns

Silliness from the Bug as he should be paying attention.
We have some down time this weekend, some cookie baking, and some packing for the trip.  Little man is not happy about the business trip and combined with the excitement of Christmas, his behavior is a little off.  he will settle down, but I know at this point, next weekend is going to be hard once I am home. I have some momma and Bug time planned to help him with the big feelings he has while I am gone.  Sometimes some fun things together is what he needs.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment