Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Home to you, Home to me

I made it home to my Bug and Mariposa. I was very lucky to be able to switch flights and get home 3 hours early. I am tired, Bug is out of sorts but we are happy to be a family.

it rained today- as my flight was landing and after dinner, Bug and I took a walk in the neighborhood. Bug needed some momma time and some time to burn off energy. My work travel is very hard on him. I was shocked that he did not start crying the moment he saw me at the airport which is his typical reaction. he held all his emotions in until after dinner when I got in the front of the car to drive Mam home, then he started crying. Poor little boy- the emotions going thru him- happiness that momma was home, relief that I came home, and anxiousness that I really was not coming home. So it all bubbled over. Tomorrow morning will be hard for him when I take him to Auntie Lulu's, then Friday will be worse, but then it is Saturday and he will have momma time all day. The weekend will help him regain his equilibrium in terms of his emotions. We will have one week together and then I will be traveling again. I expect a full break down after that trip. I ma already looking at my schedule to see how I can change it around in order to make sure Bug's emotional needs are met.

Mariposa did fine with the travel and I expect that she will do fine until November - when I travel right after her birthday. I expect that her birthday will be hard for her, being away from home for her first major holiday/event. So I suspect that she will be homesick then and coupled with my travel, her emotions will be in turmoil too. But, I could be wrong with regard to Mariposa's emotional state at that time.
So here are the pictures of walking through the neighborhood.






Bug likes his water - drawn to it like a moth to the flame. he is happiest when he can splash and play in the water.
So that it all for tonight.
Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment