Saturday, September 26, 2009

Second post- Mariposa's dress for homecoming (Saturday)

Mariposa's first dance in the US is tonight. She is attending the homecoming dance at my nephew's school. The corsage- Uncle Darrell did a great job picking this one out.
My incredible "daughter".




Jason and Mariposa. I would have bought him a purple tie if I had known he did not have one- but they are a cute couple of kids no matter what they are wearing










This morning, we were supposed to meet up with another group of students and go shopping- OK the teens were going shopping and Bug and I were supposed to make ourselves scarce so that the teens could hang out.
not a single friend showed up- we waited at the designated place for 30 minutes. I felt so bad for Mariposa- she was so disappointed. We decided that since we drove to the other side of town, we would go ahead and shop for a while. She got her pair of chucks- converse all stars that she has been looking for for a month.
I found a picture studio that has a moto for Bug. I think we will back here for formal pictures in the near future.









After the mall- I was still feeling sad due to how disappointed Mariposa was, so I took the kids to see FAME. Mariposa loved, Bug was bored. he told us half way thru the movie that he wanted to go home. it was a long second half of the movie- I think I saw 2/3 of the last half of the movie.
I am off to rest- Mariposa is not due home until almost midnight.
Love to you,
Deb






1 comment:

  1. Loooove the dress...and it's not just because purple is my favorite color. Mariposa looks wonderful in it! I hope she/they had a great time. Sorry to hear about the shopping trip. I know how excited she was. Sounds like plan B was nice for her. Good job mom!

    ReplyDelete