Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

No pictures here today- Bug and I had a slacker day. Bug stayed in his pajamas until 4:30 pm and I was in mine until just after noon. We hung out on the couch and watched TV and played trains. A nice restful day.

Bug actually slept from 5 pm last night until 7 am this morning. Little Man was exhausted. I think his H1N1 vaccine 2 days ago wore him out. In any case, he seems fine, just needed some sleep.

Tomorrow we are heading over to Hermano's for dinner and play time. This should be fun, fun, fun. Saturday we are having some single moms over for play time and celebration as one of the moms is getting married in January.


I have been thinking alot about how much my life has changed since the start the start of the decade.

Then:
Living in the frozen tundra of Michigan- with no thought or inkling that I would be moving home
Working for a big pharmaceutical company in an office building
Had 2 cats
Renting an apartment
No kid- but kids were always the plan

Now:
Living back in my home town- close to my parents
Working for a company that does work for pharmaceutical companies, but working from home
no more cats- both died of old age and I am allergic to cats
Own my second house
1 son

What is the same-
I still wish I would find the man of my dreams- I'd like to be married. Maybe this decade.


10 years ago, i never imagined that I would be where I am today. while my life is not how I imagined it would be years and years ago- I do feel that it is better then I imagined. Dreams are a starting point for the reality of life.

So this year and this decade, I am going to dream big dreams.

I also want to be more grateful- thanks Chris for this idea. So each day, I am going to point out one thing that I am grateful for in my life.


Bug and I wish each of you a blessed new Year- may you have big dreams and may your reality be better than your dreams.


Love and hugs,
Deb and Bug

No comments:

Post a Comment