Wednesday, April 28, 2010

some photos from the last few days

Yesterday, just as I was about to loose it- the ice cream truck came down our street.  So a treat for hijo and 5 minutes of peace for me.  Please note, most of the ice cream was on hijo and the couch.  My boy spends far too much time chatting while he is eating. 



The handy man came back today to finish working on the new back steps- unfortunately he will be back tomorrow to finally finish- needs a rail on the left side and the steps need to be completed onthe right side.  The steps are great- exactly what I originally was thinking of 2 years ago.  I know it looks like there is a issue on the right side, but that is becuase the concrete pad slopes for drainage.  The handyman and I are brain storming how to minimize the look of the gap- which might involve a pottted plant or 2.  But I love the steps.  I am so happy.  I learned something new today- I am actually supposed to wait 3 weeks before sealing the wood.  I thought I would have to have it done ASAP after he finishes up.  But so not the case, apparently the wood needs to dry out considerable before I seal it.  So there is my plan for the end of May.


1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, odd that he didn't shimmy the right side up before he finished it, to make the step level. I don't think I would be too happy about that. Hope you find a solution that you like. I would make him fix it, level it out.

    ReplyDelete