Monday, December 20, 2010

Fiesta con nos los amigosadoptiva de Guatemala

This evening we had a party with our friends from the local Guatemalan adoption group (all families who adopted from Guatemala).  I thought since we were getting dressed up, I would try to get a nice family photo in front of the tree.  Bug was feeling a little silly, though.

We finally managed to get an almost decent one, but I look drugged.  But it is the best one of the bunch, so we are going with it.

We have yummy Mexican fast food, which satisfies my cravings for guacamole.  Bug was content to eat chicken.

Santa arrived!!!!!!!!!!

The kids were quite excited.  Bug kept looking back at me to ensure I was seeing how excited he was that Santa had arrived and the party was starting.

When Bug's name was finally called, he was ready.  I tried something new this year.  I told Bug that this Santa was a helper and because it is so close to Christmas, I had to wrap the present and bring it to the party.  I told Bug this because:
1. I never get a moment alone.
2. Bug notices everything I carry out to the car and out of the car
3. There was no way I could distract him or leave him at the party in order to bring the present in and get to the drop off location.



So Bug knew what the present was and he was still excited.  But on the way out of the party, he informed me that he prefers to be surprised by the present.  So I will lock myself in my room and wrap the present for Christmas eve.  I might be able to sneak that one past Bug since we have to take snacks to Grandpa Joe's and I will have a bag of stuff to carry in to the house.

at the end of the gift giving, Bug was a happy little man.


The parent paparazzi - cameras flashing, standing on chairs.  Yep, we live through our kids during this season.

My happy little boy!!!

Tomorrow's weather is not looking good so I think we are going to bake my favorite Christmas cookies and do laundry.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment