Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Traditional post Christmas teeth cleaning

Today was the annual post Christmas teeth cleaning appointment.  Bug was none too pleased.  He had a rough morning and had 5 temper tantrums before we left the house at 12:45 pm.  He was not happy to have teeth cleaning today for some reason.  Ms. Patty has always been so nice to him.  I have no idea where the drama came from today.

The bonus for this dentist visit is that Mam and Pap were also going with us, as they had appointments too.  Bug insisted that Mam go first, then Pap, then us.  Bug is the helper for me, he fills the water cup.

He is happy helper

When it was his turn, Ms. Patty let him hold the instruments for a photo or 2.

Bug and Ms. Patty.  She is heading to Guatemala next week.  I wish I had known, we could have sent things down with her.

After the photos, I got back in the seat and Bug laid on me while Ms. Patty cleaned his teeth.  This time, she got to clean his teeth, while I held the mirror so Bug could see what she was doing.  He was OK with it and maybe in July, he will sit in the chair without me.  The excitement of the day-
Bug has a loose tooth!!!!! 
It is still very much attached, but Ms Patty says he will loose by the end of the school year and he might loose another tooth by then (remember school ends the first week of June for Bug).  So we have a while to go, but the *tooth fairy has to prepare. Ms Patty also said Bug's 6 year molars will be coming in sometime in the next year and then I need to take Bug to the orthodontist.  He has a bad under bite, there is an outside chance that as his molars and permanent teeth come in, it will correct itself, but likely he will need braces. I am not so worried about this, it will all work out in the end.

After getting our teeth cleaned we went to dinner at Cracker Barrel and had a treat of ice cream.
The day that started not so well ended quite nicely.







* tooth fairy rates are very unpredictable.  When I was younger, the rate was $.25 per tooth.  I have been checking threads on other boards and there are some families where the tooth fairy brings $20.00 per tooth.  It seems the average rate is $5.00 per tooth.  That is way too high in my opinion, so Bug is getting Gold dollars per tooth which is $1.00 per tooth.  I have already checked with the bank and they carry the gold dollars all the time.  I will be getting a supply in the next few weeks just in case.  


Well, that is all for today.  Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. My students told me that the going rate for the tooth fairy is $20. We decided that there must be a different tooth fairy for each county, because those must be Westchester rates. I'm hoping the tooth fairy where we live is a bit more reasonable. FWIW, the Westchester tooth fairy back in the early 1980s didn't give anywhere near $20 - talk about inflation!!!!

    ReplyDelete