Monday, December 13, 2010

FRIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muchisimo FRIO (is that even acceptable in Spanish- or OMG it is COLD)

Yesterday, we stayed inside all day.  Pretty much did nothing thanks to my migraine.  But since Bug and I are still coughing up a storm and on antibiotics, the rest day was wonderful.  I think we might have to go to Saturday night church once every couple of months and have a rest Sunday on our schedules more often.  It was quite lovely to sleep late yesterday and hang out in jammies most of the day.  OK we hung out in sweats most of the day.  I shoveled the driveway at 7 pm last night, so that was as dressed as I made it for the day.

We ended up with rain, which froze, then 4.5 inches of snow and then the temperatures dropped.  The low last night was below 10 degrees F and the high today was somewhere close to 20 degrees F, but the wind was so strong it felt like 0 degrees F this morning.
 

Bug's school was on a 2 hour delay this morning.  There are a few things that I have to watch on snow days.  1. the school district that buses Bug- if they are on delay, but Bug's school is not, then I have to drive Bug to school.
2. If the busing district is closed and Bug's school is not, then I have to drive Bug to school
3. If Bug's school is on the same delay as the busing district, then Bug catches the bus.

Thankfully this morning, both Bug's school and the busing district were on a 2 hour delay.  Of course, Bug choose not to sleep late.  I know lots of older kids were hoping for the day off school, but with only 3 calamity days allowed this school year, I think the schools in our state are going to be very hesitant to call off school this early in the winter.  If the school uses more than 3 calamity days (usually used as snow days), then the days have to be made up by cancelling Spring break (Easter vacation) or adding days at the end of the year.



After work the temps were in the mid teens outside with a wind chill just above 0.  Bug really wanted to play outside, and accepted snow shoveling as playtime outside.  He had 3 layers of clothing on as did I.  Unfortunately I forgot about our faces.  It took 30 minutes before our cheeks were unfrozen- or at least not cold.



But Bug is getting a new balaclava this week and then he can be out in the cold without issue.  One of my friends asked the following question - if the weather is this cold in December, what is going to be like in January and February?  Our normal temps this time of the year is 40-45 degrees.  So we are very far below normal.  I am not liking this at all.  I am ready for Spring already. But you all know me, I am ready for Spring the first time I see snow for the year.


After today, I realize that one day when I win the lottery I never play, I need a house with a mud room that some how connects to the front door, back door and garage door.  The boots, coats and other winter clothing have migrated from each door today. I really would like one place to come in and put wet boots, coats, gloves, hats, scarves, etc.  The pile that moves from one door to the next is not to my liking. 

I also realize that there is a good chance that the big Christmas tree will not be decorated this year.  It might make it this weekend, but I am not holding my breath on it. I actually like just the lights on the tree.  It hearkens back to 2006 when Bug was not home and I could not bring myself to decorate the tree.  I am not sad or depressed this year, just not feeling the need to put up the ornaments on my tree.  Bug might decide to decorate it for me, if I allow him to touch my ornaments.  So far, I have repaired 3 of his ornaments this year and that was in the first 24 hours his tree was up.  So I am thinking my tree and ornaments might be too much of temptation for him.

I have rambled tonight, so I will close now.

Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that's perfect Spanish. You can also say "demasiado frio," which means "too cold."

    Stay warm, my friend.

    ReplyDelete