Saturday, February 05, 2011

catching up- snowy, cold week.

We have had a pretty quiet week- between cold and yuck weather, not much to do. 
Sunday I finished Lark's quilt top.  I thought I would get ti done today, but I did not have the batting (I thought I had some in my supplies).  So I worked on something else today (see later in the post).  Since tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday, I am hoping I can get Lark's quilt done and then get her quilt and Tami's quilt in the mail by Tuesday.


We also attending open house at Bug's school.  This is what bug made, a snowman, storybook, and his first sentence writing.  I LOVE IT!!!!!

Tuesday, Bug's school was delayed 2 hours due to ice on the road.  So he had waffles, donut and chocolate milk.  I thought he would have the day off, but we had to rush out the door to get him to school.  The school district that buses Bug was closed due to the ice, so I had to take him to school.  he was 10 minutes late.  I really hate that I have to pay attention to school closings for 2 districts in order to know what is going on with Bug's school.

Before we raced out the door, Bug played video games while I worked and had teleconferences.  This scene was repeated on Wednesday night when I had conference calls with Australia before Bug went to bed.

There was some Monopoly playing on Tuesday night. Bug loves this game.

Friday, Bug received some warm mittens from Canada - from a friend.  he has declared them the warmest ever and wants to wear them every day

He really likes the Maple leaf design on them


Today was another snowy, icy day, so we made cookies.  Bug is showing me the egg on his fingers.


he had a good time baking the cookies, but an even better time eating them.

We played some more Monopoly

And, Bug learned to iron today.  he has been begging to help me quilt.  So I asked advice from quilter s I know and they recommended some tasks Bug can help me with.  I was right there the whole time.  And yes, we stayed in our jammies most of the day.


I finished the quilt top for E (El's oldest daughter).  I think I still need a larger border around it, but it is all together.  The quilt is the Chinese zodiac- in no particular order.
I am trying to decide if I am going to use the lighter fabric (next to the black as the larger border, of go with a solid.  The quilt is supposed to look like the blocks are shadowed.  Apparently I am getting better as most of the seams match up.  And this went together very fast.  Bug helped too, he was pushing the foot pedal on the sewing machine.  He did a great job.

so that is our week.  This week is shaping up to be more of the same- snow is in the forecast for 5 of the next 7 days.  I am ready for Spring.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment