Saturday, February 26, 2011

Unofficial Start to Spring- Home and Garden show

The day has finally arrived- the 'unofficial start to Spring"- which is the first day of the home and garden show.  I know after today, I have 3-4 weeks until I can plant potatoes, onions, lettuce, radishes, carrots (though I am not holding out hope for them), and swiss chard.  I might try broccoli this year too- not sure yet.
and we are 8-10 weeks from summer veggies going into the garden.  HURRAH!!!!!!

For Bug, the home garden show is lots of fountains to reach into (which he loves, contrary to how this picture looks).

talking to a lonely goldfish in a fountain

checking  out the 'backyard stream' that he wishes we had in our yard

really trying to figure out if putting his hand in the steam is worth making his momma angry- he decided that it was not worth it and stayed dry.

stomping on the bridge to scare the goldfish/Koi out from under the bridge (at the request of the vendor in this area).  The fish stayed under the bridge unfortunately.  There were about 30 of them under there.

having a great time together at the Home and Garden show.

and the best part for Bug, the play set area that is set up and kids are encouraged to try everything out.  I have to save this part of the show until the last, because otherwise Bug would hang out here all day and I would never get him away.

He did some wall climbing

some more wall climbing, but apparently he needed some hand licking too.

And finally, he had 2 sessions on the trampoline.  The salesman was really trying to sell me one.  But given there is no room in the backyard for a trampoline while the play set is back there, it will not be soon.  I told they guy, Bug has to gain about 25 more pounds before he will no longer be able to play on his play set.  The salesman walked away from me without even looking back.  I had to laugh.


We came home after nearly 3 hours at the home and garden show.  I was so inspired that even though it was only 38 degrees F outside, I did some yard work- my knock out roses in front of the house got some sort of disease and I knew I was going to have remove this year.  Today was as good as any day.  Bug was riding his bike and then decided to dig for worms.  The worms are burrowed too deep right now, but he was determined to find them.  Little E and Big E came home and decided to come over and help.  They had a grand time scooping all the dirt from the pot into the hole Bug dug. 



 It was a good day- Home and garden show, 5 rose bushes taken out- I am going to replace them with daylillies that are yellow and red.  The girls really liked the idea.  Now if the weather would warm up so we could be out there all day.

Love and hugs,
Deb









No comments:

Post a Comment