Wednesday, February 23, 2011

School is wearing us both down

This is a picture of the Bug at 5:20 pm today.  Please ignore the lack of sheets on his bed, I did laundry this weekend and his sheets were not put back on his bed.  There really is no reason to put sheets on his bed since he falls asleep on the couch and then ends up in bed.  But I digress.

Bug has been in a mean temper mood the last 2 days - snapping at me, willfully disobeying me, being rude.  I hit my limit today when he threw his school binder down in my office and yelled at me.  So I sent him to bed to rest for 30 minutes.  about 10 minutes later, I heard footsteps in the hallway and when I went to investigate, I found him standing in front of the TV, telling me his 30 minutes were up.  TV went off, back to bed he went and 5 minutes later he was asleep.  I let him sleep for an hour, then woke him so he could do homework, eat dinner, and we could have some time together.  His hour nap did not help, unfortunately.
he lost TV privileges tonight, and he is on the path to loosing them for the rest of the week at this point.  He continued to be rude and snap at me while doing his homework.  Dinner was better since I fixed him 'chicken bones"- his name for drumsticks or chicken legs.

He lost his privilege to sleep on the couch tonight. 

And thru it all he is refusing to tell me what is bothering him or what happened that might be making him scared or angry.  It is hard to learn these lessons and it is hard to be the momma dishing out the punishments, but better now then in 10-20 years learning these lessons as a teenager or a young adult.

love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment