Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mid winter Warm up- much needed sun and playtime outside

A picture of Bug and I at the bus stop on Thursday morning.  The temperature was 8 degrees F (-13 C).  The balaclavas are very much needed on these types of cold days.  Bug wears his only until the bus comes, and then hands it over to me before getting on the bus.  I am just thankful we have them.

Our mid winter warm up came today, not a moment too late.  We are really tired of being stuck inside due to the bitter cold.  Today the temp was 41 F (5 C) and sunny.  we were loving it.  Bug was out the door at 10 am and played outside for 2.5 hours, riding his bike with the other kids in the neighborhood. 

There was still small piles of snow on our grass, and Bug and I spent some time throwing snow at each other and stomping down the snow.  By the late afternoon, all these piles had melted away!!!


Bug and Little M had a great time playing for 2 hours together.  They are really happy playing together and are getting along great.


I finished Lark's quilt today- really tonight.  I found out after I washed the quilt that the binding was not correct in some places. I guess that is the consequence of not quilting for 2 years- one forgets the exact steps.  But I was able to correct the issue this evening and the quilt is ready to be mailed off to Lark.  So My resolution of finishing a quilt a month is starting off well- I have finished one in January and one in February.  I have the March quilt top almost done, so I might be getting ahead.
The quilts are allowing me to feel like I am accomplishing something.  I can point to them and see the progress.  They are also giving me a creative outlet and much needed stress relief.  I will be needing this later this year as I have many deadlines for work and will need something to show me progress that is tangible.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment