Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Let's just forget yesterday's post

So I put the curse on myself by blogging about how good things were going.   Bug came home today with his daily behavior chart marked "disrespectful to the teacher", but it also had an over all happy face on it.  So I think he had a good day.  When I asked him about it, he let me know that he had not been listening today and was busy talking.  HMMMM.  I guess Little man is feeling much more secure in his class and perhaps his teacher is getting to see the behavior I have seen for quite some time.


Next week's parent teacher conference should be interesting.  I have a slew of questions for her- the most important being whether she is seeing improvement on Bug's auditory discernment skills (identifying sounds) and whether she is going to recommend holding him back for another year of kindergarten.  The last is just my fear talking.  Bug is doing fine in school, I am just concerned that perhaps he is being profiled in school (single mom, non Caucasian heritage, etc). I have talked to a few friends whose opinion mean the world to me and who are also teachers and they think Bug is being profiled strictly on race.  This information sits in the back of my mind along with the memories of watching my brother struggle with an undiagnosed learning disability (dyslexia).  I don't want social promotion for Bug, but I am not willing to hold him back just based on non learning issues.  I am just worrying, it will be fine. 

Quilting: still working on Lark's quilt.  Apparently following a design for the quilting is not as easy as I thought it would be.  first I could not remember how to sew none straight lines with my sewing machine (don't laugh) and now it is apparent that I am not a follow the lines kind of quilter.   But it is looking beautiful if I do say so myself.  Since the quilting is more intense then I expected, I have not been able to pray over the quilt while I quilt it.  So after it is quilted and washed, but before it is boxed up to send to Lark, I will pray over the quilt and let the prayers for Lark's life settle into the fabric.  This way she is wrapped in prayers. It is just something I do with my quilts.

The cold is totally here, with 3 layers of shirts and 2 layers on my legs, I am still freezing.  I had to turn the heat up here in the house the last 2 days.  I know many of my friends are laughing out loud at that statement, they already think the house is too cold at 68 degrees during the day and 60 at night.  I am ready for Spring.  Even Bug is sick of the cold. Tonight it will be 6 degrees F, today's high was 22 degrees F.  Thankfully, this weekend the temperature are supposed to be 45 degrees and sunny. Bug and I are planning time at the park to enjoy the "warm" weather and sunshine. 

We are about 40 days away from the first day of Spring.  And pretty soon , we can plant potatoes and onions and the rest of the cold weather vegetables- lettuce, radishes, carrots, Swiss chard.  Bring it on.  I am ready for Spring.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment