Thursday, February 24, 2011

Random things

Since I heard that Rosa is graduating from the Compassion program, I have searching the house for the original picture I received of her back in 1997.  She was a 5 year old and her picture hung over my desk for years.  Actually I think this was the picture I had of her for 10 years.  I am going copy this picture and the last one of her as part of my last letter to her that I am drafting.  I hope she enjoys getting pictures of herself back from me.  What a change from a 5 year old to a almost 19 year old.

Last Friday, I had to take my car into the repair shop for what I was hoping would be quick, easy and cheap fixes.  At 2 pm, they called to let me know it was none of the above and they would loan me a car for the weekend.  the repairs ended up being nearly $1500.00.  I cannot complain, I have no car payment as my car is from 1997.  But this is not about my car, it is about the loaner car the repair shop gave me for the weekend.  The repairs ruined the plan to go to the zoo on Friday but that turned out OK as Bug was sick and needed the rest. 
The En.clave.
The loaner was referred to, over the weekend, as the "land barge" or the "gas guzzling, piece of crap SUV". Technically it is a crossover, but the gas mileage is awful.  12 miles to the gallon in the city!!!!!!!!!  We did like the styling and some of the features- back up camera, fold down back seats, drink holders in the door in the back seat and the satellite radio.  But we were very happy to get car back on Monday. Even at 15 years old, my car still averages 26 miles to the gallon around town. And add in no car payment, I am perfectly content to drive my car until it dies.

Tommy and Greg from the repair shop. They are really good guys.

Well, I am off to finish a few things before heading off to bed.  I finally have some meds for my sinus infection that has become something more, so I am thinking I might get some good sleep tonight.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment