Wednesday, October 14, 2009

catching up: Park, hedgehogs and doctor visit

Bug had to see the doctor today.



first- does this look like a sick kid??? No

He has been complaining about once a day (to me- maybe more to others more frequently) that his eye hurts. So I called the doctor yesterday and was told they wanted to see him immediately. So "immediately" was a 10 am appointment today. Bug hates going to the doctor- terrified that he is going to get a shot. he is usually in tears before we go, while we are there and certainly when he sees the nurse and the doctor.

Momma- entertaining Bug. the office has those backless stools that have wheels and spin. I was making him laugh.


The doctor- does she look terrifying? Certainly not. She is great.



Nurse Donna- does she look terrifying? No, she loves Bug and thinks he is the cutest thing.




Bug playing the doctor's office. he likes this magnet table. he was sending the snow plow around. I guess he knows that winter is coming- of course the weather the last few days would be a good clue. We are definitely getting colder. I had to turn on the heat.


So after visiting the doctor and dealing with the drama from Bug, turns out he needs eye drops for his allergies. So we are trying one now. Of course getting eye drops in his eyes is quite the experience. he refuses to open his eyes.



On a momma note- the day started GREAT. The wonderful men at FedEx delivered this box to me
Purdy's chocolate, hazel nut cream filled hedgehogs. I am so excited!!!


eating one first thing this morning. The Bug and Mariposa are not getting these. Man, I love these. It is a good thing that I do not live in Canada. Thanks so much to one of project managers, MK, who sent these to me- you rock!!!!!!!







These are what they look like in the box. I brought 4 boxes of these back, the last time I visited my friends in BC. Due to flight delays, 1 box did not make it back home intact as I ate them as stress relief. I think I need another trip to Canada and an empty suitcase (hehehe).

I took Bug and Mariposa to the park last night- it was windy and cold. I think Bug was the only one dressed appropriately.


In this picture- Mariposa is just past the slide on the right and Bug is on the platform on the left.







They are talking to each other. Actually Bug is yelling






Mariposa is talking. although here she is indicating that bug left the "talker".



Sliding





scaring the ducks. We forgot bread to feed the ducks- so the next best thing- send them all back to the water. Mariposa thought we were mean. No ducks were harmed in the scaring.





My precious boy- cutest Bug in the world.

That's it for tonight. Love and hugs,
Deb
































































1 comment:

  1. here's a tip for eye drops, IF he doesnt wake up at the lightest touch, you can try to put them in while he is asleep, he will be relaxed and you should be able to open his eyelid just enough to get the drop in. Some of our parents say they do this for their kids who need lots of drops. I've never tried it myself, no need yet, but I would try it if the need arises. Just a suggestion. Hopefully your little man doesnt fight you on it and its a non issue :)

    ReplyDelete