Saturday, October 03, 2009

Friday night- homecoming parade and another dance

last night was homecoming at our high school. Tonight is the dance. so here are the photos Mariposa, friend, another exchange student from Germany (different exchange program), friend, friend.
Mariposa and her date- a friend from lunch at school

the boys



the girls


the whole group - they are all going as one group to the dance. Which I am happy about- no pressure to be a couple, just an opportunity to be with friends and have a good time.





Mariposa and J




A corsage for Mariposa














a flower for J. Mariposa asked me to put it on- I hope I did a good job.


















The visiting band last night- this is their version of the love theme from the Titanic. OMG!!!!!











One sleeping Bug- he feel asleep 4 minutes before half time and slept until I put him in the car. We left with 9 minutes to go in the game. Our team won 31 to 14.









Early in the game- yes it was cold- the wind was blowing and we were sitting at the top of the bleachers. So Bug was in fleece, gloves, hat and a blanket. I was in sweat shirt and coat with Bug on my lap- my bottom was freezing!!!!!













At the homecoming parade- the participants throw candy to the onlookers. this our 3/4 full bag. We scored. Later this weekend, I will go through the bag and keep out what we like, the rest is going into the bowl for us to give out on Halloween.




























Drums- Bug's favorite.















Bug and Mariposa standing on the side waiting.
funny story here- see Bug's stroller? I left it!!! And to make matters worse, I forgot all about it until 12 noon today. So we headed back over to see if it was still there or the family whose van in behind the kids, picked up the stroller and was waiting to see if I came back. they did have it and so I have the stroller again. I can't believe that I left it - where has my mind gone???




Boy scouts and fire trucks



Mairposa and me- we were having fun



My kids, who were freezing!!! they crack me up- it was cool and a little breezy- but they were freezing. They are both going to be freaking out when winter finally comes.
So the rest of the story:
I went to the same school as Mariposa, transferred in as a junior just like Mariposa. Unlike Mariposa, I never attended a football game or a dance other than prom. partly because I was working, partly because I was shy, partly because I never found a group that I totally fit into and partly because I never dated when I was in high school. So last night was my first football game for this school. I pretty much isolated myself in high school- I had a few friends, but they were at my old school. I hung out with some people at this high school, but other than one, I have no idea what they are doing now. I wish I had been more social in high school, I wish I had gone to dances and sports, but at the same time, I know the time was not right in high school.
So now I am living vicariously through Mariposa for this year- which is part of the reason I keep trying to encourage her to go participate in school activities. I know it is hard for her, but I know that it will be a lonely year if she does not participate.
I am off to nap some before I have to go pick her up from the dance. Bug is already sleeping on the couch.
Love and hugs,
Deb


















No comments:

Post a Comment