Monday, October 05, 2009

Playing at the park and gearing up for another business trip

I took the kids to the park this evening. Bug needed some exercise to wear him out. He thought staying up until 10 pm last night was a wise decision, I was determined to make sure he did not stay up that long tonight. I won (and yes, it was a battle). He was out in 15 minutes.

Mariposa skated while Bug and I played, then she joined us and took Bug for a ride.








This is the Frisbee that Bug threw- he has quite the arm and coordination for Frisbee. Maybe we should start playing Frisbee golf?


Bug after throwing the Frisbee- he is incredible when he focuses.






And of course, he had to swing. even though he is almost too big for the baby swings, he still loves them. And to be honest, I like pushing him in the baby swing. He still needs me and there are lots of happy memories going to the park and swinging from when he first came home. so as long as he fits, I will push him- if he asks to swing in the baby swing.











He will swing on the big swings- he does need me to push him, but he is getting close to not needing me. He only choose to swing on the big swings because there was a baby in the baby swing. As soon as her parents took her out, he told me he wanted to swing in the baby swing. Even though he is getting so big, he is still my little boy, my baby.





I am leaving tomorrow on another business trip- this one gets me home at midnight Friday morning, if I am lucky. Bug is already spiraling - he was being a pest tonight to Mariposa and me. All attention seeking behaviors. The next few days he will go quiet as he processes my absence, but all Hell is going to break loose on Friday.
I am glad I can see it coming now- it used to be that I would miss the first signs and the behavior would catch me off guard. Since I see it coming, there are some steps I can take, but unfortunately since my plane will get in at midnight, I am going to have no opportunity to nip some in the bud on Friday morning. I am actually concerned that I will not make it home until Friday- rain storms are in the forecast, I am on the last flight out to home- this is not the best situation. So I am mentally preparing for the worst and hoping for the best. I just want to get home before Bug wakes up- because if I am not home when he gets up, no telling what will be happen.
Would you pray for my flights on Thursday night and the weather? I need to be home - even if it is 2 am Friday morning. Bug needs me here when he gets up so it is reinforced that "momma always comes home".
Love and hugs,
Deb







No comments:

Post a Comment