Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Business trip- day 1

Hola Mi Hijo!!!!!!!!!  Te amo mucho, bebe.  

I made it to the southern state today.  What shoudl have been a nice 1.5 hour flight, turned into something else entirely.  Let's start at the beginning:

6 am- wake up, get hijo up too.
6:15 am- out the door to drop hijo off at Mam and Pap's
6:30 am- on the road to the airport
7 am- at the airport, blow past the checkin area becuase I remembered to check in at home.  Go the wrong way to get to secruity.  It moved recently and I forgot and went down the esculator.
8 am- sitting at the gate watching the plane arrive
9 am- announcment comes that my plane is delayed so that  a crew member can arrive (we were supposed to take off at 9:10)
9:15 am- announcment made that we are delayed until 9:45
10 am- on the plane, announcment comes that we have to be de-iced
10:15- we are in line for take off when they announce we have mechanical issues and we are going to maintenance. We ride around the airport in the plane for 30 minutes (I kid you not)
10:45- plane fixed, we can take off

Arrive in southern state without any further issues.

I catch a cab directly to the office as I have a lunch meeting (time to talk with the others folks I usually only get to talk to via phone).  Met one person that I have only ever talked to via phone.  He looks nothing like what I imagine him looking like.  I suppose the same can be said about me.

Head to the hotel after 3 pm so I can get checked in and run reports before meeting up with another firend for dinner.

She takes me to MEZ - yep, it is mexican inspired food.  Corn soup was good, empanadas- not so good, tres leche cake- not at all what I expected and to be honest, I like the tres leche cakes at home better.  But, I did not go out for the food- I went to talk with M.  It was great talking with her.  I wish we still worked together on projects- she is so much fun.  Saying prayers for her and some exciting news she shared.  I am excited, really excited.

Headed back to the hotel at 7 to run more reports, finish up some other reports.  Now, looking at the bed thinking it is time to put my jammies on and watch some Olympics.


Tomorrow- all day meeting and dinner with client.  Busy day, but I might be able to get some pics in the mornig of the team I work with.

Love and hugs,
Momma

PS- sleep well my baby.  Momma loves you.  Have fun with Mam and Pap.

No comments:

Post a Comment