Saturday, February 06, 2010

Snow day- the fun, the excitement, the exhaustion

We got about 6 inches of snow according to my measurements this morning, but actually we got about 2-4 inches more then that melted overnight.  The temperatures stayed jsut above freezing through the evening rush hour and was still above freezing at 11 pm.  Snow that fell through the evening melted as it fell on the warm ground.  In a way I am glad- more snow ould have been rough to shovel today.  The snow was wet and heavy.  It took me an hour to shovel the driveway.

This is what the backyard looked like this morning..  All white.  I definitely need to paint the shed- looking out to all white is aweful in my mind.
Hijo digging like a dog in the snow- silly boy.The snow up to hijo's kneews.  We went walking to the end of the street and the snow had drifted so it was up over his knees.  he complainedthat walking was hard, so we walked in the road.

The snow ski.  This ski belonged to my step brother and then was used by my niece and Jason.  Unfortunately it did work as expected.  Pap is going to come look at it tomorrow so we can determine if the ski can be used this season or if Momma needs to buy a new sled.
Mister snowman.  Apparently, I must have missed snowman builidng 101 inmy childhood, becuase I can not build a snowman like the ones in the cartoons or books.  Maybe it is that I will not spend hours and hours builing it up.  So we end up with short, stumpy snowmen that hijo loves.

After being outside for 2 hours, we headed inside.  we baked some cookies, took a nap and then spent the evening coloring and making snowflakes from coffee filters. 

This was a good day.  Mam and Pap are coming over tomorrow for spaghetti, garlic bread and salad--YUMMMMMMMM.

We hope you all had a great too.

hasta pasta (as hijo says) and love and hugs from us,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment